You know, before memes became the mess of GIFs they are today, they were questions that were passed on from blog to blog. Until this morning, when my blogger friend Naser tagged me in an old-school meme on Facebook, I had completely forgotten that memes were ever anything other than what they are today.
Anyway… Naser’s meme is about books that have been a part of your life. It’s an interesting list, because that’s a very different list than “favorite books” or “linguistic influences”. It’s just, you know, books that were a part of your discussions, your thoughts, your days, your preferences.
Here’s my list of books. I’m adding the year in which I read each book because I’ve never realized before how deeply impacted I am by the books I read as a child. I’ve read lots of awesome books after the year 2000 (I was 15 in the year 2000), but only 3 make it to list of books “that lived with me”.
1. Pandora – Anne Rice (1998)
2. Broken Wings – Jibran (1995)
3. The Fear Street Collection – R. L. Stine (1996)
4. Foundation – Isaac Asimov (2010)
5. Harry Potter – J. K. Rowling (1999)
6. Summer Sisters – Judy Blume (1999)
7. The Lord of the Rings – Tolkein (2000)
8. The New Medicine Show – ? (1994)
9. Little Women – Louisa May Alcott (1994)
10. Ender’s Game – Orson Scott Card (2011)
In a vintage move, consider yourself tagged. What’s your list? Share it in a comment, on your blog, on your Facebook, in a letter.