What always tantalizes me about design is that it is a way of thought as opposed to a practice. I mean, I stopped doing design as a day job several years ago, but my brain will forever be wired with design rationality. I found this list called “50 reasons not to date a graphic designer“. For the most part, it’s quite lame (she obviously had a bad experience). But some of them are hilarious, and very true. A lot of my friends are designers, so I was thinking of conversations and incidents that we’ve had over the years as I read the reasons.
In fact, this list is so true that I think it should be a part of the reasons as to why you SHOULD date a designer. Here’s why:
1. They are very weird people.
2. They will analyze conversations in layers.
3. They drink and eat all kinds of weird shit just because they like the packaging.
4. They f**k up all the tables with their cutters.
5. They rather study the paisley pattern on your outfit than listen to what you have to say.
6. They do not know how to add and subtract, they just understand letters.
7. They take pictures almost daily and all are cut in weird shapes.
8. They ask your opinion about everything but they do whatever they want.
9. They steal street signs.
10. Everything becomes something other than what it really is.
11. They hate Excel.
12. They want to save the world only with a poster.
13. On vacation they will take you to countries that you do not know exist and have no beach.
14. They can’t go to a restaurant without secretly critiquing the menu design.
15. They can´t cook a normal dish, they always have to experiment with new ingredients.