Here are mine, in no particular order:
– Ad7et tomeh. For those unfamiliar, ad7et tomeh is the phrase used to describe lightly frying finely ground garlic with olive oil. The concoction is then added to anything, from rice to beef.
– The dusty smell of the car’s air conditioning after a long winter.
– Freshly baked bread.
– UHU’s super glue.
– Pita bread gently charred on a naked flame. Eaten with very sour, beautifully textured labaneh.
– Turkish coffee :)
– The combined smell of sunscreen, plastic, and salty beach. Summer!
– The smell of rain while walking beneath Jordan University’s pine tree.
– Sweet, softly charred wood. In anything, especially smoked salmon, but also when it’s not edible.
– Apple products.
What are yours?
(Inspired by the current smell of popcorn in the house, but I already brushed my teeth.)