It’s the time of the year when everyone’s favorite conversation is “Ahhh, finally! Winter!” and “DAMN. I’m not emotionally ready to wave good-bye to the summer.”
As for me, I’m a summer person. I hate winter because:
1. It’s pitch black by 5:00. I like my sun, thank you.
2. My winter allergies are back. According to my immunologist, I’m allergic to pine trees, and they bloom in winter. Waking up every day with a stuffy nose sucks.
3. I can’t wear my skirts no more.
4. Driving with fogged up windows is just awful.
5. You are now confined to living rooms, the insides of cafes and restaurants, and other stuffy spaces.
6. Waking up in winter is a 100 times harder than waking up in the summer. Getting out of the warm air pockets of the bed is HELL.
7. My glasses constantly get fogged up.
8. The flu.
9. I grew up in the desert. 20 degrees was my winter. The 5 degree-nights of Amman are like living in Antartica as far as I’m concerned.
10. Winter clothes suck. They “inhale” all kinds of bad smells and are not as machine-washing friendly as their happy cotton summer counter parts.
Are you a summer or a winter person? If you’re a winter person, you must enlighten me with your Top 10 Reasons Why You Love Winter.