IMDB is one of my all-time favorite websites. It’s an excellent way to keep up with the entertainment industry, especially when I consider myself a relatively entertainment-challenged individual.
One of the most interesting features of this site though is its “Top Movies” section. I love seeing the Top-Grossing List of All Time(Worldwide), especially when 4 of my favorite movies are in the top 10.
Here are the top 10:
1. Titanic (1997) (Honestly, I never liked this movie. It’s too long, too emotional, and lacking a real story)
2. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, The (My favorite all-time movie! I’m willing to watch it a thousand times. My favorite scenes are the war scenes.)
3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (2001) (Good movie, I love J.K.Rowling, she’s so damn creative!)
4. Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999) (Alright, worth watching once or twice.)
5. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The (2002) (Another one of my favorites).
6. Jurassic Park (1993) (I have a phobia towards dinosaurs).
7. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) (More creativity to charm, but my favorite Harry Potter movie is the third installment, “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban”).
8. Finding Nemo (2003) (Adorable)
9. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The (2001)(Another all-time favorite, of course)
10. Shrek 2 (2004) (This movie was alright… It was Really charming and unbelievably creative, especially with all the fairy tales embedded and the good animation. Yet, the story line was so pointless and empty, and I found that it encouraged stereotypes).
All in all, I think Peter Jackson did an amazing, definitely deserving to be on that list, job. If only he does Anne Rices Vampire Chronicles next!
It’s also interesting to note that most of these movies were made after the year 2000.